Start Your Own “Paint Your Own Pottery Business”
Start-up Courses available weekly on a one to one basis or a small group
Rachel Byass Ceramics
When you are looking into starting up your own Ceramic Cafe business it is quite a daunting, but an exciting time, lots of questions will need answering before you even start looking for a shop. I am here to help you with those questions and answers please call me on 0797 0793 727 to answer some of your initial questions and requirements.
I have trained and assisted in opening 394 Ceramic Businesses worldwide and has provided ongoing 24/7 Support, which is unique to my business. I have a Whats App group for those who have set up with me so your questions are answered daily or you can call or Skype me at anytime.
My business was established 36 years ago having 12 Ceramic Certifications and 4 Certifications in Decorative Art enabling me to teach all aspects of Pottery, Ceramics and Decorative Art.
The Studio is open to the public but is closed when training takes place. If you wish to do some work experience that can be arranged.
I can arrange bespoke Training to suit your need no matter what type of ceramic or pottery business you intend to do.
In the past I have run both Mobile as well as a High Street Ceramic Cafe/Gift Shop along with manufacturing and supplying other studios and wholesaling finished ceramic wear.
Training costs in Pontefract West Yorkshire one to one
Monday to Friday £400 for two days everything included. Weekends are £550 for one person. (Additional member of staff cost per person per day is £75)
If you would like to train or run a course at our own location be it in UK or overseas the cost is £300 a day and £100 a day for travel and all expenses. long hall is slightly more.
A Deposit of £100 is required on booking. You will then be sent a 52-page manual to read before you come to the course. (deposits are not refundable but can be transferred to another date with 1 weeks’ notice)
We also provide Group Courses minimum 2 maximum 5.
Cost £300 per person for two days. The dates are set once a month and the course is also have set projects running from 9.30 am until 5.00 pm.
I also can provide accommodation at the Pottery Apartment which sleeps 6. Prior Grange apartment around the corner sleeps 4 both are 5* rating and I am a super host with air B&B. Cost £145 for 2 nights which includes breakfast items.
Dates for small group of 2 minimum and 5 maximum.
Courses in 2020. They run 10 am to 5.30 pm and the daily cost is £350.
February – Saturday 1st / Sunday 2nd
April – Monday 6th /Tuesday 7th
What is included in the course
- Loading, firing, understanding different temperatures for different clay and glazes, kiln maintenance, the cost of firing and how to choose a kiln. Where to put the kiln.
- Dip glazing, brush glazing, speciality glazes and roll glazing.
- Troubleshooting what can go wrong in firing and in glazing with the help from our cupboard of things that went wrong for you to view.
- Health and safety procedures.
- All the different planning permission you need and all the things you may not know you need when running such a business.
- How to transfer patterns and personalise pottery.
- How to do hand and footprint in clay and glaze.
- As many different painting techniques and we can fit in for you to pass on to your customers.
- How to cost your services.
- Running events.
- Help with your plans and your web site ideas we can provide pictures as well as a web expert if you require such a service.
- You will keep all the things you paint.
Great offer £100 off your Tucker 140 litre kiln within two months of training.
For just £300 a year you can be added to our 24/7 support list or it is free if you wish to do a package with us of £3,500 or more.
- Whats App group support with all my other ceramic set up people. A friendly group of studio owners ready to help and give out ideas along with Liz and myself 24/7.
- Skype support.
- Email support.
- Phone support.
- Quarterly workshops at £75 a day all in.
- Free get together twice a year with a workshop and question time.
- Access to pattern and ideas.
- Access to a Kiln engineer support and maintenance (at an extra cost).
- First to know about product designed by myself and manufactured for my company.
- Rachel’s help support 24.7 from her 35 years’ experience.
- Events discount and web offers exclusive to set up and regular customers.